Sunday, June 29, 2008

What a wonderful weekend...

This weekend has been wonderful! Josh was off Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday! He has been on midnight shift for so long that I had forgotten what it was like to have an entire weekend with him. So here is what we did...
Friday night we went to Target and bought new outside furniture! That was a surprise since we went in there to get the roof top cargo bag for my truck (which we did not get). I am LOVING my new furniture! It is black iron and it is already distressed so I don't have to do it! We bought four chairs and a long coffee table. Gorgeous! I am not to fond of the cushions that came with them but I can always buy new. I am waiting on my trip to IKEA for that! Anyway then we went to eat at Applebees. Aric wanted to eat at Lamberts soooo bad but there was at least 50 people ahead of us waiting to get in. So we settled for Applebees. I was not that impressed with my dinner but it was ok. Then we came home and put together our furniture!
Saturday was the BEST day! Aric went to James' house to spend the day! Josh and I took total advantage of that and we took the motorcycle to Pensacola. We shopped ALL day! Bought some awesome new clothes and had an awesome ride! Pictures at the end of the post, I promise! It was just so great to spend time with my husband, ALONE! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE when Aric is with us but sometimes we need some time to ourselves. We stopped on the way home and rented some movies. We made it home just in time! About 30 min. later it started STORMING!!! It was the most gorgeous lightning storm I have seen in sooooo long. We went outside and watched the lightning and the rain for awhile. Then we snuggled on the couch and watched some movies.
Sunday was also a good day! We had some general errands to run...WalMart of course! I bought some more needed items for our vacation. We had lunch at Taco Bell per Aric's request. LOL....We went to Best Buy to get something for Josh's laptop and a wall mount for the Flat Screen in our bedroom. Then we went into Ross. We were checking out in there when the torrential rains started! It has not rained that hard in FOREVER. We took off running through the parking lot, getting soaked! My shoe came off when I was running! Dang the ROXY flip flops! I took them off and kept on running. Josh and Aric were dying laughing at me! I had on WHITE capris! Needless to say we had to come home because you could see straight through my pants!
What an exhausting, awesome weekend! I am about to pile up and watch Army Wives. Then it's early to bed. I have to get up early tomorrow. My mom and I are going shopping in Mobile! WOOHOO!!! More new clothes!
P.S. More cloud pics also!!!! Oh and the picture of the bricks...That is an actual street that we ended up on somewhere in Floridia! It was soooo bumpy riding it on the motorcycle! There was this awesome little park back there also that was on the water. Soooo pretty...
More pictures to come!





No comments: