Saturday, August 16, 2008

Whew.....

What a week! First of all, school started on Monday. As you may remember, I had some mixed emotions about that. On one hand I was ready to go back and get back into my routines but on the other hand, I really did not want to lose the laziness of summer. But the week went fine. We moved into our new school last week. Final inspection was not until the Friday before school starts at 3 pm. Everyone was on pins and needles because if the school failed inspection then we would have to scramble around trying to get everything back into the old school that weekend. But thankfully we passed. The cafeteria and the gym is not finished so we are having to take our kids to the old lunchroom which is quite a walk! But things will eventually settle down and the routines will start!

Aric LOVES LOVES LOVES his teacher! I am sooo glad that I requested her and he was placed in her room. Her name is Mrs. Blackwell and she is amazing! They do sooo many fun things in there. Aric is actually not complaining about school! Plus she challenges Aric. Since he is above grade level, he gets bored easily but she challenges him every step! I am thrilled!

Brodie is sad because we are gone all day now. He was used to having us home everyday. He is soooo excited when we come home. He piles us in my lap and refuses to get up because he is worried that we are going to leave him! Soooo adorable!

I have not had much time to create this week. I am getting used to getting up early again. Hopefully tonight when the house is quiet I will get some creating done. I found an awesome blog with some really creative art journals. I can't wait to get started on one! Here is the link... http://heyjenrenee.blogspot.com Ok..I can't get the link to post so just type in the address if you want to see her work!

Thank you all so much for the sweet emails about my daddy. He is soo worried right now. But still feeling the same. Good days and bad days. He is planning everything in case something goes wrong. It gets me soo upset when I hear him talk like that but I know he just wants to be prepared. Just continue with the good thoughts and prayers please.
Ok...I know that was a long post. I promise to post more often so they won't be as long. Here are a few pictures from the week.





No comments: